Josh O’Connor is a Vocalist/Songwriter/Producer based out of Las Vegas, NV.
His singing voice, a mix of his early music influences, is a unique blend of Sade, Roxy Music and Smashing Pumpkins. Josh received an extensive music education early in life from both his mother, who sang and his audiophile father.
Born on a Military base in Berlin, Germany Josh was then raised in Chicago where the local House and Alt Rock music scenes further informed his music biology. Josh’s formal music and instrument training began in grade school. Classically trained on the saxophone, Josh then taught himself guitar, bass, piano and drums. After College he moved to Las Vegas where he formed a band composed primarily of members of the Blue Man Group and released his first album “Shadow”. With a keen understanding of the role structure plays in music, Josh learned to engineer, mix and master records, successfully producing professionally with his own studio, Red Orchard Recording.
Some of Josh O’Connor’s music successes include:
- WTSR 93.1 ranked Josh O’Connor’s debut album Shadow, among the top 1,000 albums of the decade.
- Shadow was spun on over 170 radio stations nationwide, charting top ten on 11 of the stations.
- "I’m in Love" was the featured Vegas Artist Spotlight track on the Jan. 19th 2014 Mix 94.1 #AREA941 New Music Show.
- "My Room" was the featured Vegas Artist Spotlight track on the April. 27th 2014 Mix 94.1 #AREA941 New Music Show.
- "Downtown" was the featured Vegas Artist Spotlight track on the April. 26th 2015 Mix 94.1 #AREA941 New Music Show.
- Video for “Out of Control” - Bacil feat. Josh O’Connor has over 245,000 views on YouTube.
- “Hotel Cloud Nine (feat. Josh O’Connor)” airs nationally on Music Choice Hit List channel.
- Josh O’Connor has been fortunate to work with music greats, including legendary Eddie Kramer (Jimi Hendrix, Peter Frampton, Led Zepplin), Godsmack, Justin Timberlake, Ciara, Mya and Rob Knox.
- Performing as a headliner at the Florida Music Festival.
- Chosen by Mix 94.1 to play the “Bite of Las Vegas“.
- Performed to a capacity crowd at the Colosseum inside Caesar's Palace Las Vegas, NV (Feb 2013).
- Featured artist on the Holland Tunnel billboard in New York.